If you haven’t heard of Birchbox, first of all, where have you been? With the rise of subscription boxes Birchbox has become one of the top monthly beauty delivery boxes in the UK, with five new products included each month, and mailed direct to your door.
I tried out the July Birchbox and here’s what I thought of the products…
- Balance Me Congested Skin Serum. This is probably my favourite product in the box, simply because of the smell! The aloe-vera meets t-tree smell is gorgeous and makes me feel like I’m applying something clean and antibacterial to my skin.
- What’s in it for me..? Shower Scrub. You can’t really go wrong with a shower scrub, essential for the summer during the fake tan season. I’ve tried the ‘What’s in it for me..?’ products before and found their packaging and quality were really nice. The almond smell means it feels like the product is moisturising as well as exfoliating, leaving skin smooth.
- Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Satin. I’ve never used an eye-shadow stick before so I was excited to try this one out. I was pleased to find the product went on really easily and you could quickly get that tint on your eyelids without the faff of brushes.
- BeautyPro EYE THERAPY Under Eye Mask with Collagen and Green Tea extract. I’ve been looking try an under eye mask for ages so was really pleased to find this in the package! I’m saving this one to use on a flight in the future, can’t wait!
- Manna Kadar Trifecta Bronzer. I’ve heard of people using bronzer on the eyes before so again I was excited to try this multi-purpose product. I do think its a good idea to have a product you can use on cheeks and eyes, to save space on your makeup bag. There are pinky and brown versions in the different Birchboxes and I got the brown one, so probably best for my eyes over my cheeks.
- Lord & Berry Luminizer. This product was an extra free gift for July, which was a nice surprise! It reminded me a lot of the Benefit Cosmetics What’s Up highlighter, but slightly more goldy. Really nice product and convenient size.
Overall, I thought my Birchbox was really cute! I think it would be lovely to get some surprise treats in the mail each month and to be able to try different products which you wouldn’t have come across normally.